Author Topic: New Owner - Pilot 18' - Southern California Restoration Project  (Read 8596 times)

rayrayinLA

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
Hi! I'm a brand new owner of what I "think" is a 1979 Squadron Yachts-made boat in the style of the Herreshoff 18' Pilot. Does that sound like something that would exist? The Hull number seems to be HP104?? Any info on how to truly ID this boat would be appreciated! My stepdad bought it years ago after it was sitting neglected at some dock and so I am not sure the registration info I have is accurate (for example, Squadron was spelled "Squardon").
Also - if anyone can recommend any restoration people in the Los Angeles area, that would be great too. Thanks!

billfishcowboy

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Owner - Pilot 18' - Southern California Restoration Project
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 01:04:45 AM »
Hello,

I'm a proud owner of a Herreshoff Harbor Pilot that i restored myself four years ago. I'm located in Dana Point and would
be more then happy to answer any questions you might have. I have hull # 118 & it was built in 1981 by Squadron Yachts out of Bristol RI. You can find the hull # on the stern next to the exhaust. If you post you're email add or tel # I can ;provide
info on a boat restorer in the LA/Long Beach area & his work is excellent & you can check out his website.
On this Herreshoff Site you can see pic's of my boat by clicking on Heffesfoff Designs not built by HMCo.

Best

Bob

Bob

rayrayinLA

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Owner - Pilot 18' - Southern California Restoration Project
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 07:19:39 PM »
hi Billfishcowboy! Thank you so much for getting back to me.  I would definitely appreciate it if you could provide me the info on the restorer. My email is rashelm@yahoo.com.

I looked near the exhaust and saw the numbers and I think I'm hull 104, 1979. I don't know if that means anything though?