Author Topic: 18' Pilot  (Read 14391 times)

sailscall

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
18' Pilot
« on: December 03, 2012, 05:06:20 PM »
I'm new to this forum but have seen a few threads about an 18' Pilot.  I grew up boating and fishing out of one with my dad.  He past away several years ago and I decided that this winter I'm going to restore it.  One major issue with it... My dad was planning on "re-modeling it" and removed the forward cabin and had plans on re-configuring the layout.   He became ill and never was able to finish.  I liked the original cabin and layout of the boat so I want to restore it to the same design.  Does anyone have the dimensions to the forward cabin?  It appears as though the cabin was never "glassed" in but removeable.

Any help would be appreciated! 
Thanks,
Jon

Cardinal Joe

• Registered Member
  • I Refit/Restore small power boats !
    • View Profile
Re: 18' Pilot
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 05:07:13 AM »
Welcome Aboard .....

Promise I'll look into the cabin measurements on the Herershoffl Harbor Pilot. What is the Year, Hull # and engine/hp in your pilot. Is it a gas or diesel engine. What color is the Hull. Do you have any pictures?

sailscall

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 05:51:16 AM »
I believe it's 1974... Bought new by my dad.  At the time he was a dist. for Sabb diesels which it makes sense to me why there's a Sabb diesel in it.  The hull is red. I do have pics but haven't figured out how to upload them in this thread.  I do have the mast and original sail, even have the original seats (ugliest red I've ever seen).  I'm not sure what the hull number is but the bronze plate ID has a #15 stamped in the middle and Herreshoff Pilot.   There are numbers imprinted on the back lower part of the hull that is similar to a vehicle vin number, but haven't wrote those down yet.

I really appreciate any help you could give. 

Cardinal Joe

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 03:29:13 AM »
Yup - you have a 1974 Nowak & Williams - Hull # 015 .  Its the only one I know with a Saab diesel ! And Yes - I know about the Red color cushions - HA !

If you could email me your pictures of your Pilot , I will post them up for you ..... jcannavo@gmail.com

jhardiman61

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
Re: 18' Pilot RUDDER INFO?
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 05:57:14 PM »
Would anyone know a supplier of ready-made rudders or who can fabricate rudders for a '74-'75 18" Herreshoff Harbor Pilot?

Cardinal Joe

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 04:19:13 PM »
I may know of a guy in Tuckerton ,NJ , I'll check with him .... Cardinal Joe :)

Cardinal Joe

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 03:21:00 PM »
Are you still in need of a Rudder ?   Cardinal Joe  :)