Author Topic: Herreshoff Eagle 22  (Read 63289 times)

Cardinal Joe

• Registered Member
  • I Refit/Restore small power boats !
    • View Profile
Re: Herreshoff Eagle 22
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2011, 05:09:59 PM »
22' 1975 Herreshoff Eagle -  FOR SALE .......
Year: 1975   
Length: 22 ft   
Price: US$14,900   
Located in: Harbor Springs, MI

Cardinal Joe

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2013, 04:17:27 AM »

Herreshoff Eagle

Inbox

Brian Connelly <brian.connelly@faberlawgroup.com>

Apr 9 (3 days ago)

to me

I am looking for a Herreshoff Eagle hull for a project.  If you know of one or hear of one available, please let me know.  I am located in Portland, ME.  Thanks.

Cardinal Joe

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 03:09:55 PM »
Herreshoff Eagle - $10000 (Yarmouth, Maine)

Herreshoff Eagle sailboat. designed by Halsey Herreshoff. Tandem axle trailer. I could deliver. Go to Craig's list Maine under boats to see my ad. A beautiful boat and a wonderful sailing boat, Also, go to the website herreshoffeagle.com for loads of information. I will consider trade for Cape Dory or tractor.

Cardinal Joe

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 03:18:14 PM »

Comdiver

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2015, 02:19:20 PM »
I just bought an Eagle. She is missing the boom and gaff. Is there any one that could measure theirs so I can build a new one?

Adam

• Administrator
  • Registered Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2015, 08:37:35 PM »
If you don't get a reply - i'd call Herreshoff Designs (the original designer) - they have the original plans and could tell you directly. http://www.herreshoffdesigns.com/

captainshanem

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2015, 05:27:36 PM »
Is the boat still for sale

Rodbone

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2015, 03:46:59 AM »
If you still need those measurements email me directly or text me. I have mine in my shop and am refinishing them so I can easily measure.
Rholland@sourcepointe.com

205 789-7285

LeBecq73

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2017, 11:04:42 PM »
Hello, I Realize this post has been silent forever,  but I need help. I too purchased an eagle missing its booms and gaff. I need any info that you can send my way. Herreshoff designs.com was of very little help. Also the wheel was converted to cable steering does anyone have this set up. And can supply pics. Also Herreshoff Eagle.com is dead. No more owner group that I can find.

Please help as you can.

Parts needed, sails, booms(main and jib), gaff, anchor rollers port and starboard, jib traveler, teak mast top truck any deals appreciated.

Adam

• Administrator
  • Registered Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2017, 07:15:40 PM »
Curious - why was Herreshoff designs of no help? Much of what you need are available by vendors that supply the wood boat market - and some of the classic boat repro fiberglass builders could supply things like mast, gaff, boom, etc... - Marshal Marine or Cape Cod Shipbuilding come to mind. I would just get all the original specs from Herreshoff Designs first.

LeBecq73

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2017, 11:56:09 PM »
Hi Adam, to answer your question...

I honestly was expecting a much better reply from Herreshoff Designs. Here is  their (maybe your) reply   https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154372019295146&l=dc962f5f9d   I come from the one design world where you can find deck and spar plans that not only give you dimensions, but block sizes etc. what I was provided with was a pretty rendering(useless) and a sailplan

The sailplan included a jib top (No one has ever seen a jib top used on the boat and An exhaustive internet search also reveals zero images of the sail in use.)   Also in conversations with Steve Thurston of Thurston sails (the original sailmaker for the boat) I was informed that their dimensions were a little different.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154372019290146&l=8ea1f44684

I am pretty knowledgeable in and around boats and when I purchased my project I honestly thought that a Herreshoff boat would have excellent documentation available instead I ran into a lot of contradicting information and a lot of dead ends.

I also spoke with Marshall marine and with others concerning my issues.  Everyone was confident that they could "make something that would work out" but no one knew exactly what was supposed to original.   

In the end I decided to take a different approach to my project. I approached it like a collector car and sourced another project boat that had a complete set of spars and pretty much everything else that I needed. Now I will make one complete boat out of 2 dead ones.

I have also purchased a domain (www.HerreshoffEagleGroup.com) and will be documenting my restoration as well as trying to come up with some specifications for people that may be in my shoes in the future.

There is no reason that a boat this pretty should have such poor documentation.