Author Topic: Restoration of a Herrshoff Eagle  (Read 1356 times)

Richard Butz

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
Restoration of a Herrshoff Eagle
« on: December 30, 2017, 07:22:43 PM »
Through my own stupidity I have this morning aquired an Eagle...She is hammered with the Yanmar on the ground with the head off and lots of damaged teak and some of the spars bent...Generally trash but she is still beautiful!...I am a good carpenter and can handle the teak but I need to know if I shouid seek out another inboard and what one should I use, can I find an original motor, If not are there plans to build a motor well for an outboard?..Is there a plan to make her a Bermuda rig as I am in Bermuda, and could I use the original spar?..I would like a self tending rig as not only am I lazy I will soon be 75 years old and not getting any stronger... Dick Butz :-\
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 07:29:41 PM by Richard Butz »

MitchM

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration of a Herrshoff Eagle
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 06:39:37 PM »
considering  buying  a  76  my  self. similarly  situated  in  age, at  71  i think i  can s till handle a  sloop  rig.  notes on the  yan  amrs -- they are  tough  engines.  this  engine  might  be  perfectly  ok.  go on a  board  like  boat  diesel ,  and  order  up the  yan mar  service  manual.  you'll  save  $8k  in r e  engining..

let me  know  how  your  restoration is  coming  ??!?!