The Herreshoff Registry

A resource for owners, prospective owners, builders, and aficionados



Detail - Hull 1475

 
Status:DESTROYED
 
Original Name:FrolicCurrent Name:Frolic
Hull No:1475Home Port:
Contracted By:H.T. FreemanCurrent Owner(s):Judy F. Newcomb-Gross
Contract Date:3/24/1939Owner Since:
Class:12-1/2 FooterSail Number:
Sub-Class:
Original Rig:Marconi
Current Rig:
Original Price:$780Restored By:
LOA:15 ft. 10 in.Maintained By:
LWL:12 ft. 6 in.Notes:
Beam:5 ft. 10 in.
Draft:2 ft. 5 in.
Designer:NGH
Other Resources:HCR
Gallery / Galleries:
 
Provenance:

OwnerYearsLocationBoat NameSail No.
H.T. Freeman  Frolic 

Original owner was H. Freeman. It was owned by the Newcombe’s when it was lost in the 1950's. It sank while being towed from a race in Newport on its way back to Bristol, off Sand Point, Prudence Island, Portsmouth, RI.



© 2019 The Herreshoff Registry